25 May 2007

Mt. Hood Cycling Classic Preview

Over the last couple of weeks I have pre-ridden a couple of the stages for the upcoming Mt. Hood Cycling Classic. The race is going to be brutal, so I am glad to have had the chance to enjoy the scenery on two of the stages. I am sure that I won't even know that it's there come race day (which is next Tuesday by the way). Here are some photos I took along the way.

Stage 5 (87 Miles/9200 feet of climbing)



Bryan climbing to KOM #1


Going up to KOM #3


Mt. Hood getting socked in


Me knackered in the Mt. Hood Meadows parking lot
I only thought I felt this way after skiing, apparently not!


Time Trial Course (18.5 miles/1950 feet of climbing)


Nice view of the Gorge


The path the TT course finishes on


Part of the Mosier Tunnels


The other part of the Mosier Tunnels


Nice view of the Gorge and Mt. Adams in the distance

As you can see, the race is going to have some beautiful scenery. I can't wait!