26 August 2007

Indian Summer

In order to escape the insanity of the cramped hotel we took a day trip to the beach this weekend. It feels like we really quite never got into summer in the Northwest, it was never really hot. The fall looks promising, if this weekend was any indication. We took Lander to the Seaside Aquarium where he got to feed seals and touch sea urchins and starfish. We then went down to Indian Beach in Ecola State Park and went hiking on the Clatsop trail. This trail has some awsome views of the ocean and Haystack rock. Indian Beach is also one the hotspots for surfing and I vowed after this trip that next summer I am going to take up surfing and ride the bike a little less.

Lander taking it easy on our hike

Lander checking out the camping shelter

The big stump

Waiting for the waves

Checking out starfish

And just because I am a nerd, I took this video of a fern that was releasing spores. It was really cool (I truly am a geek!).