27 February 2007

Sceying



You might wonder what sceying is. Sceying is actually Lander-speak for skiing. Lander is learning to write words, so he spells them according to how they sound. I love it, sometimes it takes Bryan and I a couple minutes to figure out what it says. Lander had spelled out sceying with some magnetic letters. It's awesome that he thinks about skiing when he's at home. I rewarded him by taking him skiing on Friday.

Friday was epic snow at Meadow's. We finally got slammed with tons of fresh powder and I can honestly say it is the best snow I have skied in since we moved here. It was almost as good as Utah snow. I actually saw stellar crystals falling, not the usual graupel. They looked like this:





It was incredible. I skied with my friend Adam (uber-good tele skier) and I skied the best I ever have, thanks to him. I also had the requisite face plants associated with trying to ski faster to keep up with Adam. The best one was in Yoda Bowl where I literally flew in the air about 15 feet downhill before landing on my head. Needless to say, I had some whiplash the next morning.
Lander did great in his lesson. When I caught up to him on the Buttercup lift he was tearing it up. Here is some good video of him. I was trying to ski while I shot this, so it's kind of hard to see him at first. He's the kid with the blue helmet and yellow bib using the adult skiers as slalom gates. Oh yeah, and you can see his arms flailing around a lot. He's so cute. After his episode where he did the splits, he immediately got up again and skied down into the lift line to go tear it up again. He is going to be better than his mom next year. Next year he starts on tele!!! Here is some good video of him:




Lander was knackered on the way home, as you can see by his sleeping position. It was a great day, Lander had a good time, I had a good time, what more can you ask for?