05 February 2007

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner

I love that saying, not sure why. So yesterday Bryan and I went to the Oregon Bicycle Racing Organization's annual awards banquet so I could claim my "major award". Through some stroke of dumb luck or persistence or whatever you want to call it I ended up winning the Best All Around Rider competition for the Senior Women for 2006. It was a great evening with good food, fun people and the best roast of Candi Murray since she is retiring this year. Candi has kept OBRA running smoothly for the last 3 decades and has turned it into one of the most successful bike racing organizations in the country. The only two states that have more racers per capita and races per year are California and Colorado, I think that is pretty awesome. It is awesome to live in an area that promotes cycling and bike racing so much, kudos to OBRA. Here's a picture of my major award. I also received my new racing number for next year. Bryan says that it screams "Hey, get on my wheel!!!" I guess incognito is not going to be a tactic for me this year.