16 April 2007

Kings Valley

Wow, I am lazy. I did the wonderfully hilly King's Valley race last weekend. I was really excited about this race as it's one of only a few road races on Saturday, then I got sick two days before the race. I decided to drive down with Bryan and see how I felt. I felt dizzy and a little feverish and against my best judgement decided to race anyway. I felt suprizingly good and just designated myself as pack fodder for most the race. On the final 1k climb to the finish, I found myself with the front 4 girls wondering what on earth I was doing in the front on a climb. Me, climbing, well? Wow, that's wierd. Anyway, my congested head and tired legs gave out 1/2 way up the climb and a few more girls passed me. I managed to come in 9th out of 19 girls on a hilly course with a climb to the finish. Maybe there is hope for me in the hills.

Next weekend, Tour of Walla Walla. I get to go get beat up by the Washington and BC girlies.