28 April 2007

Relaxation

I wouldn't say that this weekend was relaxing, but I decided not to do any racing. That left me free to do all the other stuff I needed to do like starting to get our current house ready to put on the market and spend 3 hours at the new house with the electrician trying to make decisions on wiring that I am sure I will regret as soon as it is too late to do anything about it.

Saturday myself and a couple of guys from our team (Stewart and Chris) did the Bridge of the Gods ride. This ride is an absolute must if you visit The 'Couve, it's 90 miles of awesome views and scenic waterfalls. You get to experience the Columbia River Gorge in full. We went pretty hard on the hills going out the Gorge and I seriously wondered if I was going to make it back in one piece, my legs already hurt. We ran into Melissa as we were headed up the climb to Crown Point. I of course was struggling to stay on her wheel and tried to ignore the fact that my legs were unwilling to do what I wanted them to do, which was climb. The descent from Crown was fun, as it usually is. We made it home without any incident and not even one flat tire. That is always a good time