14 November 2007

Honey, do you hear banjos?

About a month ago Bryan and I, armed with our GPS, went and did a little exploring on our mountain bikes in our new neighborhood (Washougal). We could have ridden the trails that we normally ride out here, but where would be the adventure in that? So, we found some roads and trails in Topo USA that looked interesting, downloaded them, and headed out for some dirt time. I can honestly say we ended up on a trail that I am pretty certain has never been biked on. In fact, it was really overgrown. There were a bunch of rocks covered by wet grass and leaves and it made riding really interesting. There was more than one time that I just hoped I took the best line and ended up with my front wheel sideways struggling to stay on the trail. It was FUN! The cool thing is that we found some cool streams and some pretty terrain. Here's the proof:

Bryan posing by a pine tree

The wash out I almost rode into. You can't tell, but it's about a 20 foot drop if you go off.

Some river we had to cross, of course I managed to get wet

The upper Washougal River

We found this critter sunning on our driveway when we got home. Lander and I had fun playing with it.