14 November 2007

My Niece, She ROCKS!

I have often wondered why I have not been blessed with any sort of culinary talent. I was never good at cooking, I still suck. I actually took sewing in high school to avoid having to take a foods class. I think sewing was almost as big a disaster for me as foods would have been. I really don't know how I ended up getting married, I really have no marketable skills for the household, unless you happen to get lost in the wilderness, then I can help. Okay, way off my intended subject. So, naturally I am extremely proud, and a little envious of my niece Cassidy. This was her high school foods class competition:

Pretty impressive huh? Yeah, she won! I would have cried if I were her competition.

She also designed and made this cake for a Utah bridal magazine:


And then helped with this one:


She is truly amazing. I wish I had an ounce of her talent.