29 July 2007

Lazy!!!

As the summer wears on bike racing is becoming less and less appealing to me. This usually happens to me each season, but this season it has been worse, probably because I started racing earlier in the season and did a lot more racing. At this point I am feeling less than enthusiastic to ride my bike and my thoughts are starting to turn to Lander starting school, getting ready to move, tele skiing and starting my winter training.

This weekend our friend Phil from Utah was here to do the annual Pedal the Pinchot ride. This ride is awesome and somehow we forgot to take our camera, so no proof that we actually did it. I will say, that there are some spectacular views of the blast zone on the Southeast side of St. Helens on this ride. If you ever have the chance to do this ride, I highly recommend it. Lots of climbing, but you know what that means, lots of fun descending!

I was digging through iPhoto the other day and found some pictures from Utah that I missed. These are from our favorite ride, the Alpine Loop. Fun ride, 12 mile climb, nasty technical descent on the other side, oh so much fun!

Climbing

Still climbing

Seriously, enough with the climbing already!

Are we there yet?

Phil, Bryan and I at the top of the Loop, finally! We are smiling because we
get to go downhill for a very, very long time.

Me on the descent

A large avalanche debris field, I was the only one that thought this was cool


Here are some more picture of Lander, I think he spent more time in the pond than anywhere else.
Lander hiding behind the waterfall

Lander floating

Lander and his new swim goggles

Lander playing in the waterfall